![]() |
| ... |
I've been protesting writing this post. Thinking that if I put it off time would freeze and I could preserve this moment in time. The snuggles, the giggle fits, the dance parties in the kitchen. The chasing down the hallway, the kisses, the silly conversations.
My boy is growing up. And very fast at that.
This last year has been one of healing in many different ways. One of my biggest focuses this last year was to drink up each and every moment. Life is far too precious and much too short. We slowed down, kept life about the simple things.
I love the stage that D is in right now and the glimpses we are getting of who he's growing into. He's so tender hearted. Sensitive like his Daddy. Incredibly musical. A memory that never forgets a thing. He's such a little lover. But he's every bit boy who loves trains, trucks, trains, books and trains.
Does he know enough how much my heart skips a beat when he greets me each morning? Does he know that I am a better person because of him? Does he know that I melt when I look in to his big, brown eyes? Does he know that I swell with pride when he says his prayers each night? Does he know the joy he brings to us?
Dawson, I love you so. Life is so much brighter, lighter and full with you in it.
But in the meantime, I'll be the one trying to invent a time machine.....

*tear* All I can say is I tried to do that about 25 years ago and I still haven't figured it out! xxoo Mom
ReplyDeleteP.S. The years go by faster all the time, but the love and pride continue to grow and grow. God is good! We are blessed!
Such beautiful words Becky!
ReplyDelete