Tuesday, July 3, 2012

That akward moment...



Weenie.
Having a son with a tag-along, stuffed wiener dog named Weenie has been cause of some seriously akward moments.

Like today, in the dressing room at the store when Dawson yelled, "I need to get my Weenie out!". What he meant was, "My stuffed wiener dog appears to be stuck in the cart and I can't reach him. Could you please get him for me Mom?". I'm sure the dressing room attendant had Child Services on hold when we left.

Or last month at the grocery check out, Dawson pointed to me and announced, "Look, Mommy has a Weenie!". But what the newly acquired audience didn't know was that I was wearing a Pink brand sweatshirt with a dog silhouette on it (which happens to be their logo) and at the time he called all dogs 'Weenie', hence the awkward, panicked, sweaty silence.

Or when we were out on a walk a few weeks ago and Dawson shouted for all to hear, "Look Mommy! It's a REALLY big Weenie!". But what the horrified dog walker didn't know is that my son, has this stuffed animal that's named Weenie....

It sounds bad no matter how you try to say it. "But look, at the tag! Well, the name is worn off now because he has been well loved. But it used to say 'Weenie'.".....

Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment