Tuesday, February 1, 2011

!6 Months

Dawson loves to be read to as we all know. But now he will bring a book up to you and say/sign "please". It's stinkin' adorable. Now he has to be sitting in your lap. Not in front of you, or beside you, or on the ground between your legs. He has to be on your lap. Cutie.

Quick + Curious = This photo.

Pure. Joy.

I love so many things about this photo. Daryn took it while I wasn't home so it gives some insight to what goes on while the boys are in charge. You can also see Dawson's new obsession in the background: trains. Or "Choo-Choo" as D calls it.

Don't think this one needs a caption...

Hard at work...

The boy is a boy. A little man. A small human. And darn cute in all three categories.

What a fun age. I say that each month I think, but it really gets better each month. He is (most of the time!) a joy to be around. I love being his mom. :)

D is talking SO much and is picking up on so many things. He repeats everything and has an insanely great memory. My new favorite word of his "bum-bah bee". To be able to communicate with your child is so much fun. Something I've looked forward since the moment he was born.

At 16 months, Dawson...
- Sleeps (usually) from 7pm to 7:30am
- Naps for (roughly) 3 hours in the afternoon
- Knows all Abc's and can count to 10 (but starts at 2 because he used to us starting him off at 1)
- If he could be pushed around in his Cozy Coupe Car in the house all day he would be the happiest little man around.
- Can shoot baskets all on his own in his basketball hoop from Christmas
- Loves to make silly faces and make Mom and Dad laugh
- Doesn't so much like the church nursery...
- Looks out the window to find any moving vehicle: cars, trucks, snow plow, garbage trucks, mail man...
- Considers Mickey Mouse (Mowse) and Elmo (Mel-mo) his buddies
- Every morning when Dawson wakes up and we go in his room to get him up he has to introduce us to all of his stuffed animals in his crib. "Beh-awr", "Bow Wow", "Mooose", "Ooh, Ooh, Ahh, Ahh".
- Requests to climb up and down the (all) stairs
- Remembers peoples names and faces when we see them
- Holds his hands together when we pray and says "Men" at the end.

3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute, Becky. He's so smart! I saw the ABC video on FB the other day, and it's precious. And is it a bad thing that I think he looks like you in the bandana photo?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute, Becky!! Such a smart little cookie too! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE...these are great pics Becky! :)

    ReplyDelete